Son[i]a #369. Sethembile Msezane Deleted scenes
- 00:01 I am from 3 places. Movement, water and spirituality
- 04:33 Complicating the dichotomy between the young and the old
- 18:41 An uncomfortable disconnection between ourselves and nature in the West
- 28:01 iQhiya: a network of young black women artists based in Cape Town and Johannesburg
- 32:27 Institutions and public space open different conversations
We dig up some outtakes from our conversation with South African artist Sethembile Msezane, who riffs on our disconnection from nature. Movement, water, ancestry and spirituality also come up, along with some side notes on the different types of relationships that institutions and public space make possible.
Conversation: Ricardo Cárdenas, Javiera Cadiz and Anna Ramos. Script: Ricardo Cárdenas. Sound production: André Chêdas.
Image: Sethembile Msezane "Isimo", 2021. Video still. Courtesy of the artist